Marist Rugby Club seeks to appoint two first aid officers for each team with a current First Aid in Rugby (FAIR) certificate- or equivalent. The Rugby Club will fund training for volunteers. Each team is supplied with a stocked First Aid kit and Vest.
- Before Round 1 – Complete the recognised First Aid course and complete the Working With Vulnerable People registration.
- Before Round 1 - Player Profile information is essential if there is an injury or incident. This provides relevant health information for the First Aider (ie the player suffers from asthma, allergic reactions etc).
- Each Week – Arrive early to each game and ensure the First Aid Kit is fully stocked and ready for the game. There will be ice available from the tent near the grandstand at all Marist home games. You may wish to take bags of ice with you to your grounds if you are a distance from this tent. There are also available Instant Ice Packs in your kit and these can be restocked from the First Aid supplies. These can be used at away grounds or as needed.
- Each Week – attend games, including away games, and provide appropriate First Aid to your team as required.
- Each Week – If an injury occurs, your team manager must complete and lodge a report via the Marist Sporting Club Sports Injury/Incident Form. The Injury/Incident Reporting icon can also be added to their iPhone (details on the form). Please ensure that this is done.
- Restocking procedure: The First Aid Coordinator will be available at Home Games to restock Marist First Aid Kits. If the kit requires restocking between Home Games, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.